Progress…and maybe finished.

This painting has been sitting around half done for months. I had previously dyed all the various pieces of fabric in indigo and then embedded them into encaustic on panel. This panel is 48″ x 60″. Yesterday I decided to tackle it again. Above is where I started.

My inspiration for this piece are the Japanese boro fabrics, patched and worn peasant textiles. I love the textures, pattern on pattern, and the sense of history and use of these pieces. Below is where I ended the day yesterday, but not feeling like it was quite finished.

thumb_IMG_5460_1024

After sleeping on it and coming back today, I decided that I wanted to knock down the contrast a bit. I think it is finished. I’ll decide tomorrow.

IMG_5473

thumb_IMG_5469_1024

2 comments

Comments are closed.